Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random Thoughts in the Aftermath of the Storm



Thank you Goddess that our heat is propane, as are our burners on the stove - so I have heat and can cook without electricity. I ran the generator mainly to run the freezers, the well pump, TV, lights (sparingly) and hot water-with great care.

I don’t know how to make decent coffee with a percolator on the stovetop. Can it be done?

The heavy THUMPS of snow falling from branches onto the roof kept me awake until 3am last night.

Today’s high temperature at home was 38-degrees, the snow is melting in the rain.

Between 5pm yesterday and 5pm today we got 1.9” of rain.

The trash and recycling trucks didn’t make it up the mountain this week.

The Girls are convinced the sky is falling. They complained bitterly today about how wet the Chicken Run is and the dripping, then peck at the snow on my boots.

Blessed Be,
Julie Epona

No comments: